Visit GarlandTX.gov/COVIDVaccine to learn more about eligibility and vaccine registration.
National Infant Immunization Week (NIIW) is April 24 through May 1 - a yearly observance highlighting the importance of protecting children two years and younger from vaccine-preventable diseases. Many families have put off routine childhood vaccines due to COVID-related concerns. The Centers for Disease Control and the Garland Public Health Clinic urges you to stay on track with well-child appointments and routine vaccinations.
- Safe and accurate administration of low-cost immunizations for all ages
- TB (tuberculosis) screening and referral
- Administration of travel vaccines
- Administration of meningitis vaccine to college students
- Administration of Tdap to adolescent and adult caregivers of infants
- Administration of Shingles Vaccine, Pneumococcal Vaccine for senior adults
- Communicable disease surveillance
- Perinatal Hepatitis B preventation program
- Registration for statewide immunization registry ImmTrac2
- Community health education, health fairs
- Providing public health information to other local healthcare providers
- Emergency public health response in case of disaster of disease outbreak
Many children in Garland are eligible for free or low-cost vaccinations through the Texas Vaccines for Children Program. Children who do not have health insurance or who have health insurance that does not cover vaccines qualify for TVFC vaccines, as well as children who are enrolled in Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
If you have questions about the vaccinations your child needs for school enrollment, call the Garland Public Health Clinic 972-205-3370) for more information. The Garland Public Health Clinic at 206 Carver Drive not only provides low-cost immunizations for infants and children through age 18, but also immunizations for adults of all ages. Most insurance is accepted.
Clinic hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (walk-ins only). Parents should bring a child’s immunization records with them. Don’t wait until the last minute to get caught up on immunizations!
Our Pledge Regarding Medical Information
The privacy of your medical information is important to us.
Garland Public Health Clinic complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") Privacy Rule. Garland Public Health Clinic maintains the privacy of patient's information in accordance with federal and states law.