- This alternative health database provides full text for 180 publications including full text for many peer-reviewed journals.
- Alt Health Watch provides in-depth coverage across the full spectrum of subject areas covered by complementary and alternative medicine dating back to 1990.
Just as you can exercise your abs, delts, and quads, you can exercise your memory, attention, and more. Brain exercise can help you test your brain and improve your performance in order to feel your best. Built by a team of top neuroscientists, with exercises proven in dozens of published studies to make real and lasting improvements in brain function, BrainHQ is your personal brain gym.
Brain Training Your Way: fit brain exercises into your busy life, and access brain training on most internet-connected devices. You can also download the BrainHQ iPad app and train on your iPad. Want to use your computer sometimes and your iPad other times? No problem! BrainHQ tracks your progress regardless of what device you’re working on, so you get credit for all your hard work. Plus, each exercise continuously adapts to your unique performance. So you train at the right level for you.
World Class Science: Posit Science was started by neuroscientists, and their commitment to science continues to define their approach to all brain training. A majority of the board and senior team are brain scientists.
BrainHQ has more than two dozen brain-training exercises organized into six categories:
- Brain Speed
- People Skills
Track your progress using BrainHQ's calendar and BrainAQ (Activity Quotient). The more you train the better your score. Stop training and your score will decrease. Keep track of stars earned, levels completed and see where you compare with other BrainHQ users that have provided their correct age and demographic information.
*Create your account to use BrainHQ from this website and then use your login to access the full product on your iPad.
Consumer Health Complete (CHC) is designed for the everyday consumer of health care information. It supports the information needs of patients and fosters an overall understanding of health-related topics. Consumers can search and browse within medical encyclopedias, popular reference books, and magazine articles.
- More than 500 full-text journals and magazines
- More than 240 full-text health reference books and encyclopedias
- More than 2,600 full-text evidence-based health reports
- Nearly 500 medical images and diagrams
- Nearly 250 animations with audio narration
- Dozens of articles covering teen health topics
- Full-text consumer health pamphlets and leaflets
- Drugs and alcohol
- Nutrition and dietetics
This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
Reference titles for diseases, conditions, medical tests, nutrition, diet and overall well being. Includes both physical and mental issues as well as drugs and addiction.
- Access the popular Gale and UXL health books right from your computer.
- Thousands of articles from leading medical encyclopedias.
- Look at specific encyclopedias you need or search the entire medical collection at once.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias, specialized reference tools and informational resources that all ages can benefit from using. These reference materials once were accessible only in the library, but now you can access them online from the library or remotely from home or school 24/7.
- Popular reference and informational titles in a digital eBook format
- Cross-searchable and printable as PDF's
- No need to checkout – just use it
- No waiting – unlimited simultaneous access
We have over a thousand titles to choose from. Many have been grouped into collections to make it easier to use them.
Multi-source database that provides access to the full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus a wide variety of personal health information sources. Integrates the full text and images of respected nursing, allied health and medical journals; consumer health magazines; newsletters; pamphlets; newspaper articles; topical interviews; and reference books.
This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Searchable full text for nearly 150 journals.
- Updated on a daily basis.
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- Features abstracts and indexing for nearly 850 journals.
- Updated on a daily basis.
Revistas médicas (medical journals)
A unique collection of medical research and investigatory journals from renowned Latin American and Spanish publishers. This Spanish language database contains the complete table of contents and PDF full text for 130 peer-reviewed medical journals in native Spanish. A wide range of topics are covered including neuroscience, cardiology, nephrology, biomedicine, clinical research, pediatrics, human reproduction, clinical pathology, cancer research, and hematology. Titles include Revista Medica del IMSS, Revista Mexicana de Patologia Clinica, Boletin Medico del Hospital Infantil de Mexico, Archivos de Neurociencias, Revista Biomedica, Veterinaria Mexico, Salud Publica de Mexico, ACIMED, and more.
Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Included are citations from Index Medicus, International Nursing Index, Index to Dental Literature, HISTLINE, SPACELINE, PREMEDLINE®, AIDSLINE®, BIOETHICSLINE®, and HealthSTAR®.
A complementary and alternative medicine database designed specifically for the consumer health researcher
This database contains:
- Articles on medical conditions and the alternative medicine therapies proposed for use in their treatment,
- Detailed, evidence-based information on herbs and supplements, functional foods, and other alternative therapies such as acupuncture and homeopathy,
- Evidence-based content has been developed and reviewed by a team of physicians and pharmacologists with the goal of providing consumers with reliable information,
- Accurate, unbiased information on natural health, updated weekly more than 700 evidence-based articles covering medical conditions, alternative therapies, herbs and supplements, functional foods, drug interactions, and homeopathy.
A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods.
- Provides nearly 400 full text publications,
- Nearly every full text title included in this database is indexed in PsycINFO,
This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
Spanish-language version of Consumer Health Complete
- Provee reportes completos basados en evidencias y fichas de datos relacionados a todos los aspectos de la salud y el bienestar
- Reportes específicos por tema que cubren todos los aspectos de la salud, dan información general importante en relación a enfermedades, afecciones y procedimientos de diversos tratamientos